Romy has passed the 2 pound mark!!! She's 2 pounds 1 ounce to be exact! What a big girl, right?? She has also been lowered to 3 liters of pressure and still looms around 21-25% oxygen. She's doing very well that little munchkin. She's also up to 17cc's of milk plus a 27 calorie fortifier. Her eye appointment went well, as of now she has NO sign of Retinopathy of Prematurity,(ROP) but she's got another appointment in a week to check again. The opthamalogist had to hold her eye open with this little device that left her right eye a little blackened, it's very sad and I wasn't there but the nurse said it was heartbreaking.
I haven't gone to the hospital today because I woke up with a sorethroat and a little fever, so just to be safe I'm gonna stay away from NICU until I feel better, all those babies are soooo vulnerable.
2 comments:
Wow two big ones that is great Justine!! I really use to not like the eye appointments i choose to sit out. The kids just went a week ago to get their eyes checked and they were cheating and telling each other what was what... i thought it was cute! I am so happy that she is growing and doing well. It sounds like things were pretty rough for you. I truely believe that a beautiful little miracle came out of it!!! Thank you for sharing her story with all of us. Always in my prayers!!
Julie
Post a Comment