My "little red"
Romy when she was swollen because of water retention...she looks so chunky!
Okay I know I've been slacking on an update...sorry! Romy has been a busy little baby. Let's see, where do I start? She's at 3 pounds and 2 ounces, she's hit a bit of a plateau on her weight gain, but I'm pretty sure it's because they've put her on diuretics to flush out the excess fluid she was building up. They had to get it out so it didn't make it's way into her little lungs, and they think she's handling it just fine. They also found a hernia right above her groin area that they're going to surgically remove. My little girl has to have her very first surgery (and hopefully her last) in a few weeks. The doctors say it's a common surgery that is done to a lot of preemies, but she will have to be put under anesthesia and be put back on the ventillater, hopefully it won't slow down the progress she's made on her breathing. They're just going to wait a while for her to get stronger and bigger. Her Grandma and Grandpa dude flew out here from Peru to visit her and she's been charming the pants off of them the whole time. I got to bathe her tonight, and she seemed like she liked it. I'll post the picture I took of her on my next post. She also had her third eye exam to check for ROP and there is still no sign of it (yay!) and she won't have another exam for another two weeks. Unfortunately these eye exams seem to take a lot out of her tiny little body and she was having difficulty with her breathing and she dropped her heartrate a few times, but I believe she'll be fine in a day or two. She's now on 2 liters of pressure on her vapotherm and around 28-30% oxygen. Not too shabby, but it could be better. She's staying awake longer and is more alert than ever. She looks at whoever's holding her and seems to be studying the different faces. She's starting to fill out, especially her chubby cheeks, but she has yet to grow a butt. I fall more in love with her everyday and she is very much a Daddy's girl. Thank you so much for all the support you all have given and especially for all the prayers.....they are working!
3 comments:
Hey There: WOW!! She is getting so big. I miss her so much and of course, I miss you and Raymond.
Please let me know when she is having her surgery for her hernia. Who knows, maybe I will fly out again to see her. You have really done a great job with keeping everyone up to date. Call if you need anything and I will talk to you later. Much love, YaYa
I love the picture of her in the hat and she looks so grown up in the video!
How did i miss this blog site all this time?! I just read through everything and Justine you guys are amazing! To be so positive and strong throughout all of this has got to be challenging! Im sooo happy for you and Ray and ROMY too! She has got a great set of parents and I know with all the prayers you have around the world and with how strong everybody has been throughout this she is going to be just perfect! I can't wait to meet her! She is gorgeous just like you! ;)
Post a Comment