Thursday, February 14, 2008

And the hits keep coming.





Today was not a good day. Romy's head has grown a little too fast for comfort and if it gets any bigger within the next 24-48 hours then they'll do another head ultrasound to see if there's a bleed or excess fluid.....not good news. Brain bleeds cause all kinds of nerological problems. And if it's fluid she'll need surgery to drain it. Pray that it's nothing and that she's just growing. The nurse also pointed out a problem with her right foot. It's stays turned all the way outward towards right. We can move it for her, but as soon as we let go, it goes right back into that awkward position. It's like a backwards not-as-severe clubfoot. I'm really hoping that it's not cerebral palsy. The thing is that there's a close up picture we took of Ray holding her foot (the same one) when she was about a week old,and it doesn't look all twisted, in fact all the pictures we have of her where her foot is visible, it's normal. I don't know what's the deal, but the doctor's are sending orthopedics up to take a look at her. If it's not cerebral palsy then a brace can fix it in no time. So let's cross our fingers and say a prayer. They also had to turn her vapotherm back up to 2 1/2 liters and her oxygen's around 28%. And the docs have also decided on holding off on any more bottle feeds until she's a little bigger. Other than all of that, she's very active, she even has a little attitude. When the nurses do her assessment, she clenches her tiny fists and shakes them at the nurses. She's awake more and more through out the day and she likes to be kangarooed. I've figured out that when she's laying on my chest she loves it when I hum, I think it's the vibration that she likes. She seems to calm down a lot and her stats level out. Well that's about it for now, just say an extra prayer the little lady. I'll let everyone know how it turns out:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heart Nemo!