Romy had a tough day today. They turned her Vapotherm down to 2 1/2 liters of pressure, and she had a rough time adjusting, but I think she'll be fine in a day or two. She wasn't her active self, but the nurses say it's because she's working harder to breathe so she tires out really easy. Poor kid:( She also went from 2 pounds 4 ounces to 2 pounds 3 ounces. Anyway, I know everyone thinks that they're kid is the cutest thing in the world, but really......Romy is pretty damn adorable. She's still a little young to tell who she looks like more, but I think she has Ray's hair/face shape/mouth and skin color and my eyes and chin. Let's face it......it's the genetic lottery.....lol just kidding, but she is a cutie. When she lies on her belly she can flip her head from side to side and completely lift it off the mattress, she also does this thing where she stretches her legs out and uses her hands to do a little mini push up. She's getting so strong. She follows faces and gets so startled by Daddy's voice, it's so funny. She smiles too, I'm sure it's just gas but I like to think it's because she likes knows her Mama is near.
It's still so bizarre to me that Ray and I are officially parents. We've been together (on and off) for the past 7 years. When we started dating we were just kids, now we have a kid, and she's so amazing. Ray is and will be such a great father. It's so great watching him interact with Romy. I've always said that there's nothing more attractive in a guy than one that is a great father and a man that prays. I'm glad that our first child is a daughter. A daughter will change a mans life forever. There's an old proverb my Mother taught me that states:"A son you will have till he takes a wife; a daughter you will have for life."
2 comments:
I love that Romy does push-ups!
WOW RAY!!! You look good as a Daddy! Man you look like your father... LOL!!! Lots of love Aunt Sherrie
P.S. Man these letters on the bottom to verify really make me feel old I can't make heads or tails of them :)
Post a Comment