

Romy had a rough day again today. She had her follow up eye appointment and passed with flying colors.........no ROP as of yet! But remember almost all micro preemies get some form of it so for now I'm keeping my fingers crossed, her next appointment is in 2 weeks. But anyway, whenever she has her eyes checked she just can't seem to keep her stats where they need to be, the nurses say it's because of the stress and she should be back to her normal self soon. Her oxygen was set to 38%, she hasn't been that high since birth! But even at that level, it's still not too bad, if she needs it, she needs it, right? She even had a brady, (when her heartrate drops below 100) she hasn't had one of those in days. I'm going back up there in an hour or so to kangaroo her, sometimes that helps stabalize her a little better. I'm posting a video we took of Romy the other day, she doesn't do much but she manages a little smile when her Dad tickled her back. The pictures I posted were taken tonight when she wasn't feeling so well.I love the one where she's covering her face...my little drama mama, but I hate how the tape makes her cheeks so red but isn't she super adorable?
3 comments:
She is looking wonderful Justine! I love the little video.. i seen her crack that little big smile!! I love the fuzzy hair pictures too!! My shelby was covered in black hair like her father. I read what you write and lots of familar feelings come rollin back. I don't think that i will ever ever forget that time in my life not one min of it! Romy is and will always be a very special little girl!
Julie
My Romy smiled at me! You can really tell how small she is when Ray puts his hand on her back.... and Ray has Barbie hands.... on a side note, can you work with Ray on saying "baby girl" a little less ghetto? She's so beautiful! Just like her tita!
Oh My Gosh I love the video. She is so beautiful. I'm keeping you and Romy in my thoughts.
Love
TK
Post a Comment