That's what the GI study showed. Apparently food doesn't go down her throat as quickly as it should or with enough pressure, which in turn slows the entire digestion process down. Something's up with the muscles in there. Could be caused by her CP, which I think is most likely the case. They also want to check and make sure she doesn't have a hemangioma growing in there, remember when they were going to do that a year or so ago but decided against it? There might even be a chance that it was caused by the tear that happened when she was intubated for her eye surgery while still in the NICU. It's probably causing pain when she eats, hence the reason she doesn't eat much. Have you ever eaten too fast and gotten that heavy pressure in your chest? That's most likely what it feels like for her when she eats.
The plan for now is to see GI, and ENT docs, a feeding clinic and more than likely (nearly definite) placing a g-tube in her tummy.
I want to be angry about what Romy has to go through. I want to throw a fit, and honestly I think it would totally be valid. But, I can't. She's a funny, smart, charismatic little girl, it's hard to ask for much more than that. So I'll just ask for your thoughts and prayers instead. Thanks guys.
You MUST click to enlarge the picture so you can truly enjoy it!
2 comments:
I love the hair, so wild!
My thoughts & prayers are with you both! She is so lucky to have you, as you are to have her. At least now she will eat more than sand (hopefully!) <3 the spectacles!! -Cherie xx
Post a Comment