Friday, October 2, 2009

Who needs a bottle?? Not Romy!

Well it has happened. Romy is officially off of the bottle! In fact she 100% weaned herself. The day after her MRI she refused to even let the bottle come near her face. So she now has 3 meals and a snack a day of table food! We give her milk, juice or Pediasure through a sippy cup or a regular cup. She can't use it on her own, but is getting better at it everyday. I'm still very concerned about her calorie intake as she eats VERY little, I'm talking 6 or 7 baby bites and she is DONE. I've been trying to sneak in extra calories left and right and I think it's working so far. She hasn't been weighed in a little while, but she feels a bit heavier and bit squishier. I dunno, maybe it's wishful thinking.

Still no word on the MRI, I called and left a message, hopefully Monday will yield some results. She's still wearing her glasses like a champ! She's a little chatterbox these days and is always babbling away. We met with her speech therapist the other day and she was very impressed with Romy's social skills. They also gauged her cognitive level at 13-18 months, meaning she does many things a child in that age range would do besides crawling, walking etc. I get a sense that she is slowly starting to catch up. Speaking of crawling, my genius, inventive Dad built a device that we call "The Apparatus." It's a device that we can strap Romy into so she can effectively crawl. It was wheels and straps that we fit her into and off she goes. It gives her a feel for crawling and now she is as mobile as ever. I think it has helped her realize the motions she needs to make to crawl around and even without the device she army crawls around and is pushing off with her legs more and more versus pulling herself with her arms. It still takes her awhile, but she gets to where she wants to go. She gets tired pretty easy, but she's getting there.

She continues to amaze us =)

Romy and Grandpa Dude


Swimming in a dirty pool


Hitching a ride in her Christopher's wagon


She wouldn't stop eating sand!! How many calories is in sand? Anyone??


Cousins.

No comments: