Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Fun

My sister and her family as well as my Mother came here to Texas for a quick and very fun visit. It's the first time Romy has met her cousins. Christopher is almost 2 and Gabrielle is 8. We had a blast together. Too bad Romy caught pneumonia:( But I guess I should back it up from the beginning. My family came on Wednesday afternoon. My little nephew has an obsession with belly buttons, so of course we thought it'd be hilarious to see his reaction to Romy's severe outtie. He lifted her shirt and cocked his head to the side with a confused look, it was priceless! Then he laughed hysterically and gave it a little pinch. That's when I noticed her button was harder than usual and wouldn't reduce like it should. I was always told to bring her in if it became hard. (her muscles can strangle her intestines)So that's what I did. I brought her to the ER where they took some x rays that showed that the base of the hernia was closing, but would be okay until her hernia surgery. (Aug 25) We also learned she had a slight fever so they took chest x rays as well. They found a small spot of pneumonia on in her lower right lung. Luckily it was caught extremely early (she hadn't had ANY symptoms yet) they gave her an antibiotic drip and now she's on some oral meds for the next few days. She's been a little sleepier than usual but that's really the only difference in her. She's still the smiley baby she's always been. We all went out to the Riverwalk here in San Antonio. It was Romy's first real outing (other than the grocery store or hospital) and she did great even though it was 90 something degrees. Here are a ton of pictures.........Enjoy!

Mini Flip

I've got a great family:)

7 months old (what a big girl)

The Hogue's.....what a beautiful family:)

This is her "War face"

My favorite ladies:)

Proud Grandma

Lisa (my sister), Romy and Gabrielle

Hugs from Christopher

Romy's morning cocktail

Future embarrassing picture.

All smiles:)

My little Ham Ball:)

No comments: