Thursday, July 17, 2008

So cute, I could eat her!




Man, Romy and I are exhausted! We've had 7 appointments this week! But I do have some great news. Romy had an ultrasound and some other tests to check for internal hemangioma's. But they couldn't find any! They were so sure that she had at least one lurking around her insides. But Romy once again has shown us how well she can beat odds. She still has to have an MRI and a bronchoscopy to rule out hemangioma's in the brain and throat, but they say it's unlikely if she hasn't shown signs of them so far. So because she most likely doesn't have hemangioma's on the inside, they have decided to do a 6 WEEK round of steroids instead of a 6 MONTH round. So no moving for me! YAY! The next 6 weeks will be busy ones but nothing unmanageable. She had her ears checked again on Tuesday, and whatever fluid was built up in there is now gone. Her hearing is normal in both ears! One more thing to check of the worry list:)

Romy also hit another milestone this week. She laughed! A gurgly, very spitty beautiful little giggle. Only it wasn't to me. It was to her great-grandmother. I must admit....I'm a little jealous! But I'm so happy that they have such a great bond. They both light up when they see each other. It's very cute and makes me all warm and gushy inside to watch those two. My grandparents raised me from the time I was a few months old until I was 3 and again when I was 8 and 9. I've always felt very close with them, especially my grandmother and I love that Romy gets to spend lots of time with them.


No comments: