Friday, May 1, 2009

My beautiful baby!

Hello all! Sorry for slacking on the updates, but all is well in the Schuck house. Romy is growing and developing at lightning speed, faster than ever it seems like. She said her first word a while ago, can anyone guess what it was?? Dada! I must admit, I am a little bitter that it wasn't "Mama," but she said SOMETHING, so I'll take it. At first I think she was just babbling and not really saying it with purpose, but now when you ask where Dada is, she looks around for Ray. She also says it twice as much when he's around, so I think she's starting to put the two together. She's also getting really tall, still skinny, but growing at least. Her sitting skills are improving greatly. If you distract her with a toy, she'll sit for at least a minute or so until she realizes that nobody's holding her, then she just kinda topples over. She's so ready to crawl, she just can't seem to figure out how to move her legs and her hands at the same time, she'll push up on her knees and kinda leapfrog forward and smash her face on the floor and then cries! We're hoping that her frustration will be what gets her to figure it out. She gets botox treatment next month, and we're hoping that it will help a great deal with her spasticity and loosen up those tight muscles of hers.

Romy is taking her bottles well and hasn't had much of hunger strike. However she's getting picky about what kind of table foods she likes. She'll try just about anything, but rarely takes more than a few bites. She does have a few exceptions though. She loves banana's cut up into chunks, she also likes spam (yes spam!) and rice, but her absolute favorite food is CHEESE. Especially goldfish crackers, which are cheese flavored. If I can't get her to eat anything than at least I know she'll eat cheese.

Romy saw the ophthalmologist the other day and he saw a slight improvement in her eyesight. Less of an astigmatism and her nystagmus has improved greatly. She has a new prescription and will be getting new glasses shortly. Hopefully we'll be more successful at actually keeping these on her face and out of her mouth. Speaking of her mouth, this kid has a million teeth, she has flippin' molars for cryin' out loud!


She loves bathtime!

With her Easter present from Tita Kris

She doesn't suck her thumb, she bites the nail...weirdo!

Mouthful of Goldfish

Please excuse my wonderful husband's ridiculous hair.

She really loves those goldfish!

I could stare at that face all day!

About to topple over...

Getting better, must be the nakedness!

1 comment:

Fateha's Mommy said...

hey, stumbled upon your blog from the birtch.

i have a 26 weeker preemie too and she still wobbles in her sitting :) and not crawling either. but one thing that amazed me, your girl has so much teeth at 1 year! mine's 1 year too but not a sinlge tooth has grown LOL.

hope we can be friends :)