Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mystery Rash.

It's not Chicken Pox. It's a mystery rash. I took Romy to the ER and waited patiently for a few hours just to be sent home with some pedialyte and glycerin suppositories and not a whole lot of answers. I personally think it's Roseola. More spots sprang up last night, but this morning they are a lighter shade. Romy doesn't seem to be itchy and she doesn't have a fever so I'm not too worried. But I am worried about her eating or shall I say, lack thereof. For the past week, Romy has slowly been decreasing how much she'll eat. Yesterday was the worst, she only drank 8 friggin' ounces of formula! The ER doc didn't seem too worried about that either since she wasn't dehydrated. I think I'd have to bring Romy in with a gaping head wound before they got worried. Whatever. Anyway, today was a little better and she drank 15 or so ounces, but for an underweight baby that usually drinks 20-24 ounces a day, that isn't nearly enough. She hasn't been interested in solid food lately either. She's also been really constipated and irritable too and her sleep schedule is so unpredictable...she woke up 4 times last night!! It doesn't help that she's got two more teeth about to erupt. Poor kid can't catch a break! I'll try to get her an appointment to see her pediatrician on Monday to discuss all of these funky problems. I'm sure a lot of this is related to her teething, but it's still a bit worrisome.

Polka Dots


I took this pic a few weeks ago...crazy kid.

No comments: