Friday, February 20, 2009
Chicken Pox?!??!
I decided a while ago that I would NOT vaccinate Romy against the Chicken Pox. I did research on all of the vaccines and for the most part I'm pro-vaccination. But I thought to myself, "Isn't Chicken Pox a rite of passage for kids?." Not to mention that it contains actual human cells (from what human, I don't know) and cow fetus (yes COW) serum. Well, 9 days ago I took her to get her 12 month shots and failed to realize that that is when babies recieve the immunization. They had all of the syringes prepared and were going over what exactly she was recieving. I felt bad for failing to mention that I didn't want the vaccine and knew the vaccine would have to be thrown out and go to waste if I denied it. So long story short, Romy got the chicken pox vaccine and in turn got vaccine induced CHICKEN POX. Well, I'm assuming that's what all these little red spots are. What do you think? Chicken Pox or some other rash? The only out of the ordinary food she's eaten lately was a vanilla milkshake from Burger King and some Kiwi fruit. Do you think it could be an allergic reaction instead? Click to enlarge the pictures.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just from enlarging the pics, it looks like chicken pox.
When my kids had them, I put them in a tub of warm water (recommended by the Dr.) and more spots popped out. I guess the only way to tell for sure is have a Dr. look at them. If she does have Chicken Pox, I hope she isn't to miserable. Romy is absolutely adorable.
Elaine from MT
I read your blog all the time but never left a comment before.
My son had a rash that looked like that before and I took him to the doc and it was just from a virus ( like a cold) that he got from getting his shots. ( He always got sick after them )
But the doc told me that if you kid has a rash and you like spread the skin around it .kind of like pull it to make the skin tight and the rash goes away ..it is not chickn pox.
i would call just to be sure though . I know you can get the flu from the flu shot but i am not sure if it is the same with the chickn pox shot.
Good luck . Let us know what happend !
Your little girl is adorable. Sorry about the chicken pox! I wish I had more to share with you about keeping glasses on but we are still working on this with Jonah. He also takes them off, chews on them, etc. I'll let you know if he eventually adjusts as we hope he will.
Take care!
Michelle Hanna
Post a Comment