Monday, June 16, 2008

Drool Bucket.

 



Cute, huh? Romy Raye is such a little drooler. Anyway, I guess an update is in order. Romy had her MRI last Friday. It went well, they decided not to sedate her which lifted loads of worry off of me. We just starved her overnight and fed her a ton, gave her a good burp and then I rocked her into a deep sleep. She slept the whole time. I don't have the results and probably won't for at least a few more days. I don't mean to complain but the care Romy has recieved since we returned from San Antonio sucks. I have to hound doctors and exaggerate everything just to get her seen. The average wait time for an appointment is 5 weeks. I have noticed that civilian doctors care very little about what happens to my little girl. I want to throw rocks at them. I have yet to meet her Primary Care Manager and she's almost 6 months old. I've been trying to have this MRI done for the past 6 weeks and it finally happened only to find out that they messed up her paperwork and attached her to the wrong doctor. Now I have to wait longer to get it all straigtened out. My biggest fear is that her hemangioma will grow rapidly and invade her eye and attach itself onto nerves and result in loss of sight in that eye and making it impossible to laser off. But anyway, I took Romy down to San Antonio to get her hearing tested and have a check up with her amazing NICU docs. She passed her hearing test. She just barely passed, but we'll take it! They're going to re-test her next month just in case. It took forever! She wouldn't sit still and kept yelling, but she tired out after a while and just let them do it. One of her NICU docs examined her and said she looks great. He also decided to start the process to get her umbilical hernia fixed. Although I love her belly bubble, it is pretty big. It's uncomfortable for her to sit strapped in her carseat because the buckle presses on it. I also get scared that it will get snagged in a zipper. For those who haven't seen it lately, it pops out about 1.5 inches from her stomach. Sometimes she'll give it a squeeze, it's pretty funny. She's making more noises now. She says "Ahhhhh!" and gurgles a lot. She's eating like a champ sometimes 3.5 ounces in one sitting.I remember when she would eat 1 teaspoon every 3 hours, so she's come a long way. Her sleep schedule is kind of crazy, I wouldn't even call it a schedule. Ray's Mom said he was a sleep fighter and I think Romy has inherited this. She'll nod off in my arms or in her swing but the second she sees her bassinett she's wide awake again. I put her down between 7:30-8 pm but she wakes up often until I go to sleep with her. I won't lie....I let her sleep in bed with me. Horrible habit I know, but she sleep SO much better that way and so do I. She usually has a 1-2 hour nap mid morning and a few 20-30 minute naps the rest of the day. She has a little jumper thing that she likes to sit in, but she's lazy and makes me bounce her, she refuses to do it herself.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had to tell you how adorable Romy is. I sincerely hope that the Dr.'s get their act together and provide the medical attention your daughter needs. Why don't the Dr.'s listen to parents more? After all, we are the ones with our children day in and day out. I will pray that your husband returns home safe and sound.
Elaine from MT