Sunday, June 8, 2008

Being a Mommy.

My sister ,Lisa, has two adorable kids, their names are Gabrielle who's 8 and Christopher who is almost 2. I've spent a lot of time with them through the years. Especially Gabrielle. I was a part of her day to day life for her first few years and becoming pregnant, I thought I had a good idea of what it would be like to be a mother because of all the time I've spent with them and watching them grow and learn. I didn't know squat. Here's a list of thing that I've learned in the short time I've been a Mother.

-Babies are manipulators and very selfish! They don't care if you haven't showered or eaten anything all day....they want to be held/changed/rocked/fed....NOW and always.
-They're really good at making you feel guilty. I put Romy down for a nap and started doing some much needed cleaning around the house. In the process of plugging in the vaccum cleaner I accidently unplugged her moniter. Little did I know she was in the room crying her face off. I mean tears and snot running down her bright red face. I felt like killing myself.
-I can do anything and I mean ANYTHING with one hand tied behind my back. Like I said, she wants to be held ALWAYS. My left hand is always clutching her around wherever I go. I bought a baby wrap that she can sit in while being literally attached to me, while both of my hands were free. I thought I was so smart! She wasn't fooled.
-Sleep, who needs it? ME!
-I act like a crazy person. I act like a weirdo just to get a reaction out of her. Silly voices or animated faces. I don't speak english around that kid, just gibberish and excessive baby talk. Her usual reaction is a blank stare or a fart. But the occasional smile or happy gurgle makes it all worth it.
-I get excited over poop. Romy has always had trouble pooping. She's on so much iron that it makes it tough for her. So when it does happen, I do a happy dance.

Who knew?

No comments: