Anyway, since we're beginning a new decade, I decided to look back on the previous decade. Here's me 10 years ago, I was 16 and had just started dating Ray:
This was a little less than a decade (I think 8 years) ago, but it's the closest picture I have of Ray 10 years ago:
It was a pretty good decade! I got married and had a baby. I've lived in 5 (North Carolina, California, Florida, Hawaii and Texas) different states. I saw the Amazon and Machu Picchu and ate Alpaca. Ray has been to England, survived a year in Iraq (and I survived a year without him around) and earned a combat infantryman badge. He also did 4 years in the Marine Corp. He has passed the E-6 board and will be promoted any day now.
A lot of exciting things have happened and I'm curious to see what the next decade will bring. I'll be 36, Ray will be 38, and Romy will be 12! Hopefully by then we will have another little family member.
Anyway, we started the New Year with a hike up to Manoa Falls. Romy even came along! Ray hurt his Rotator Cuff so my brother volunteered to 'wear' Romy the entire time. What a good uncle! Romy loves him so much and calls him "Un-co."
It was a two mile hike in a bamboo rainforest, there were little waterfalls and bamboo trees everywhere. Overall it was fun to get outdoors and hang out with family. Romy really loved it too. She was silent and just gazed around the whole time.
Here's a few pictures of the last few days and our little adventure:
Romy and Brobee
My brother, Kane, the baby-wearer. Oh, and that tree behind them? That's the tree that Charlie was hung from on the t.v show, Lost.
Gabrielle climbing a massive tree.
Two little ninjas.
That's little Gabrielle (my niece) in his lap, wasn't she just a cute little button? I can't believe she's starting middle school next school year!
It was a pretty good decade! I got married and had a baby. I've lived in 5 (North Carolina, California, Florida, Hawaii and Texas) different states. I saw the Amazon and Machu Picchu and ate Alpaca. Ray has been to England, survived a year in Iraq (and I survived a year without him around) and earned a combat infantryman badge. He also did 4 years in the Marine Corp. He has passed the E-6 board and will be promoted any day now.
A lot of exciting things have happened and I'm curious to see what the next decade will bring. I'll be 36, Ray will be 38, and Romy will be 12! Hopefully by then we will have another little family member.
Anyway, we started the New Year with a hike up to Manoa Falls. Romy even came along! Ray hurt his Rotator Cuff so my brother volunteered to 'wear' Romy the entire time. What a good uncle! Romy loves him so much and calls him "Un-co."
It was a two mile hike in a bamboo rainforest, there were little waterfalls and bamboo trees everywhere. Overall it was fun to get outdoors and hang out with family. Romy really loved it too. She was silent and just gazed around the whole time.
Here's a few pictures of the last few days and our little adventure:
Romy and Brobee
My brother, Kane, the baby-wearer. Oh, and that tree behind them? That's the tree that Charlie was hung from on the t.v show, Lost.
Gabrielle climbing a massive tree.
Two little ninjas.











3 comments:
That's it! I'm moving to Hawaii.
Hello, Happy New year! I noticed that Romy is wearing the AFO without shoes. Did you have to put in non slip soles at the bottom to make it not slippery ? If so, how is that working out ? My daughter just got one and she has to wears shoes with them. We were given the option to put the stuff at the bottom to make it non slippery but once you do that, it would not fit with shoes. Just wondering how Romy wear hers. Thanks so much!! Beth
Hey Beth, Happy New Year to you too! Yes, Romy has the non-slip soles on her AFO's. Since she's not yet walking and only standing with support, her therapists suggested the added sole. Besides, nobody wears shoes in Hawaii, lol. It seems to work just fine, although I have nothing to compare it too as it's her first pair. I do think maybe next time we'll get them without, only because sometimes Romy overpowers them and I think she might benefit from the added support of a shoe.
Post a Comment