Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Strabismus Surgery Update

**The picture attached to this post is not pretty, some might even find it disturbing. There, I warned ya.**

Romy had her strabismus surgery this morning. All went well and she is now sleeping peacefully. Not only did they re-align the muscles but they also did botox injections directly into the muscles as well. I can see a slight difference already but because of the botox, it can take up to 3 months for final results to show. We're really hoping that she won't have to have another surgery but we've been told that it happens quite often.


Thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers, Romy is so loved and we can't thank you guys enough!



2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

That's good the surgery was done with her eyes.

I read a humourous story about strabismus not so long ago.

Traci Reynolds said...

I have followed your blog for a while and I pray for your sweet babys healing....My daughter has had this surgery 3 times...and we will go back in april to see what else will be needed...I pray this is the only surgery your daughter will need...she is one strong girl