Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The many faces of Romy.

Romy's doing really well! I believe she's going through a growth spurt, she's been eating more than ever. Her PT and I have been working on getting her to pick up food and feed herself, she's trying really hard and can do it every now and then. I think her poor vision has a lot to do with why she hasn't mastered it yet. I was trying to get her to grab food out of my hand but she just couldn't do it. She was swatting and hitting my hand and trying so hard. Eventually she just grabbed my hand with both hands and ate the food right from my fingers! So she gets the concept, she just hasn't refined her skills yet. I have to order her new glasses, she chewed them up every chance she got and now they're so scratched, you can barely see through them!

Her leg muscles have tight days and loose days. Yesterday was a loose day, I got her to stand with her feet flat on the ground for the first time, she usually stands tip-toed. She can sit on her own if I bring her top half all the way forward and rest her forearms between her legs. Not ideal, but getting there. So all in all the little angel is making great strides.

I just got approval for another MRI, this one's to check for any visible brain damage because of the CP, it's doubtful they'll actually see anything although it's there. She had numerous brain scans in the NICU and an MRI last summer and nothing was seen, but it can't hurt. They'll also check out her hemangioma to make sure it's shrinking sufficiently.

Here's a few pictures of the many faces she makes.....she's so great!

Looking an awful lot like Daddy.

Eating yogurt

Getting pouty...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Romy!! We LOVE you sooo much, silly girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Weenie... she looks just like you when you were her age, except you had crazy curls!!! you both have the angel face though. kisses to you both... mom