Thursday, January 22, 2009

No new pictures for a while =(

I can't seem to find my camera charger, so no new pics until I get a new one....boo. But, I will continue to update until then.

Romy had a nutritionist come by today to evaluate her. As you all know, Romy is a tiny little girl, even for being a preemie. She isn't on the charts for her actual or adjusted age. She's roughly the size of a 5 month old. She is, however, proportionate. For her height/weight and head circumference, she's in the 10th percentile. We're switching up her formula from the preemie formula, to either the toddler (toddler!!!) formula or the regular kind as well as adding more powder per ounce of water so she can get some extra calories. Regular formula is 20 calories an ounce, and we'll be mixing her formula to 24 calories an ounce. I've also been given permission to "feed her whatever she'll eat" so bacon, here we come! When she reaches 16 months, we'll start her on pediasure which is 30 calories an ounce! Her weight as of today is.......13 pounds 9 ounces! And she's 24 7/8 inches tall! The nutritionist will come by once a month to chart her growth progress.She's long and skinny. Tomorrow is her 12 month appointment, so that means shots...yuck.

Word on the street is Romy will most likely be fitted for braces sometime in the near future.....They're opening up a spasticity clinic here at Fort Hood, so we'll have more info soon. She'll most likely qualify for botox injections which supposedly help a lot with the tightness. I'm sure it will be great, but it's kinda scary knowing they're going to inject my baby with botulism. I'll keep everyone informed! Take care everybody!

No comments: