Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Romy Raye AKA "The Fridge"
I've come to terms with the fact that I have a short chubby baby. This is my favorite "fatso" picture. My Mom (who just left after spending 2 glorious weeks with us....thanks Ma!) has dubbed her "The Fridge" Because she's short and a bit stubby. She hasn't been officially weighed in a while, but I'm guessing she's approaching the 9 pound mark. And at a little over 18 inches long, she is a little porker. I love it! Fat babies are the cutest babies. Her hemangioma is continuing to grow, we're just waiting for an MRI date to see what the next step is. Her right eye seems to be a little lazy (you can tell in the pic) but the doc thinks it will work itself out in the next few months as soon as her eye muscles get a little stronger. She has yet to coo or give me a social smile, she only smiles after a good fart these days. I know her adjusted age is only 6 weeks, but a lot of babies have cooed or smiled by now, I guess she's sticking with her true dramatic fashion, and making me wait. Now I don't want to jinx it, but for the past week, she's been sleeping well. She goes to bed between 7:30-8:30 wakes up at 2 and 6 to eat and then sleeps until 8 or 8:30. Well except for last night. The power went out at around her bedtime, and it's Texas, so it's hot....really hot. It was dark and hot, we were all bored and she was down to just her diaper and screaming her head off and just all around irritated, so we packed it up and stayed the night at the Holiday Inn down the road. Spoiled, huh? What can I say I love the little lady and I hate seeing her sad. Yeah I know, I'm a sucker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
God bless you and your family... especially little Romy. I saw your post on CFhusband and read your story.
I gave birth on Nov 1, 07 to a 23w6d micro preemie that gave us an amazing month of memories, passing away on Nov 30, 07.
Your little Romy is truly a miracle or a warrior, as you put it. I will pray for her continued development. Many of her pics when she was tiny in the NICU remind me of our little Will (I am part filipino too).
Praying for your entire family - and will check your blog to watch Romy grow!
Aimee
aka Will's Mommy
www.ourlittlemiraclewill.blogspot.com
Justine, maybe you need to stretch her a little bit so that she grows longer!!! She is beautiful and is truly missed. And she isn't cooing because she is already showing her dramatic side. Wow, she must get that from her Auntie Niecey. God help us!!!!
Missing you both and hope to see you soon. We love you both,
Ya Ya and Papa Goat
Hey Justine,
your site is awesome! and you sound so upbeat! I cannot wait to meet you and Romy Raye. She is so beautiful and has grown so much! She looks like a different baby than in the beginning months.You are doing super! I know Raymond is so proud of his girls (you and romy)...as you are so proud of him. I just wanted to drop you a HELLO and send yall our Loves, Hugs, and Kisses from Ft Benning,GA. We love yall! Take care and God Bless! Deva and Mark OOOXXX
Just sending some Hugs, Loves,
Kisses....and Prayers your way! Love yall
Post a Comment