This blog has been so beneficial for me. I hope it has in some way helped others too. I hope the mother of a recently-diagnosed-with-CP kid sees this and is comforted to see that it CAN be done and that having a child with CP is not the end of the world, but actually the beginning of something very beautiful and profound. It's not all peachy but it's still very fulfilling.
With that said, I've always tried to keep this blog mainly about Romy and her struggles and accomplishments. I rarely delve into my own life on here, but some recent changes have been happening lately and I just feel like it should be mentioned. I'll keep it short and sweet and then continue on to keep this a "Romy blog," but will probably continue to pop in out with snips of my own life.
So on with it- Ray and I are divorcing. It will be final this summer. There was no one thing that started this snowball, it's just accumulated throughout our 10 years together. We've tried desperately to salvage our relationship but realized that we are so much better people apart. Romy and I will be moving back to the east coast and back to my hometown in a few months so I can finish up school. Ray and I are remaining pretty amicable and we're determined to continue. We're both devoted to Romy and will do everything it takes to make sure she has both of her parents in her life as much as possible and that she has a healthy and happy life no matter what. I come from divorced parents and it wasn't something I wanted for Romy, but I'm learning when to hold them and when to fold them and regrettably, it's time to fold them.
2 comments:
Justine: We are on IRL friends but I feel like I know a bit about you just through this blog. I am sure you did not make this decision lightly and took all things into consideration. With that said I wish you strength, hope and love with the next chapter of your life. Romy is such a special little girl and is loved by so many, including both of her parents.
I wish you peace and clarity as you venture into the unknown. You are and will always be exactly who Romy needs.
Thank you for the support and yes, although we've never met in person I do consider you and a few other 'blog moms' friends. This was by no means a hasty decision but I truly believe it's the right one.
Post a Comment