Thursday, December 11, 2008

Physical Therapy update.


Romy's physical therapist came by today for one last visit before Christmas vacation. We hadn't seen her in three weeks because we were in Florida. She was very impressed with how much Romy has progressed. That little stinker has come a long way. I'm not really aggressive when it comes to Romy's therapy, I just let her guide me. If she fusses and cries then I stop and try again after an hour or so. We do some stretches and wiggle her arms and leg muscles for 5-10 minutes on and off throughout the day, usually during diaper changes. It seems to work for us. If I force the issue, she just tenses and tightens up even more and getting her to loosen up is virtually impossible. When Romy is lying on her back, her legs were usually stretched straight out in front of her with her toes pointing down. But now, more often than not, she relaxes her legs with her knees bent and her toes pointing outward, you know, the usual baby stance. It's looking the therapy is working, well that and/or she's losing some tightness that lingered past her newborn days.

Romy is also getting more intrigued with toys now. Before she was content with her teething rings and her glow worm. Now, if she sees anything in your hands, she sticks her little hands out as far as they go, trying to get you to hand it over. We played all day until I had to take her to see the Doc and get another RSV and flu shot.

Can you believe she'll be 1 in two weeks? I can't believe how time flew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when she puts on the bling and gets classy!