Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful.


The whole family has reunited for Thanksgiving here in Tallahassee. Unfortunately, Ray started off his vacation by catching a bacterial bowel infection, they think it was dysentery. He stayed in bed and only left to throw up or go back and forth to the doctor. He's much better now, and we're enjoying the last week as a family. Ray and I took a trip to Disney World and left the kiddo with her Yaya and Papa Goat. We had a blast and it was a much needed vacation for us both!

Romy has met lots of family members, and she loves them all. She met another great-grandpa who lovingly calls her "7," because she's his 7th great-grandchild! He also gifted her with a beautiful rosary that was handed down to his wife and now to Romy. After an amazing meal we celebrated Romy's 11 month old birthday and let her dig into a cake. It took a little prodding, but she eventually came around a got her fingers in there with a little help from Dad. Everyone has been sneaking her bites of food that I'm sure she isn't supposed to be eating yet, and she's gotten a bit heavier in the past few days. I'm guessing 13 or 14 pounds now?

I definitely have a lot to be thankful for this year. My brave husband, great family, health and of course my little shining grace, Romy Raye. I love you little lady.

No comments: