Monday, September 29, 2008

A ton of fun stuff, and a serious one.

Wow, I've got lots of updates about our favorite peanut! First off, we enjoyed a 4 day visit with Yaya Schuck. She was so excited to see her Yaya, she tried to bite a chunk of her finger off, and pooped on her too. Crazy kid.

Her glasses are in! She looks so funny but adorable in them. It's a challenge to keep them on her face though. They're held on by an elastic strap, but it doesn't stop her from pulling them down and eating them! She does seem more aware of her surroundings when she can actually keep them on her face, so that's a plus.

Romy has started on new Hemangioma treatment! It's a fairly new approach to hemangioma treatment, but has had very promising results in the past. It's actually a blood pressure medication that makes her SUPER sleepy, hopefully she'll get used to it soon and not be a cranky little booger for too much longer.

Romy now has 4 teeth! She's teething like a mad woman and drooling like a Saint Bernard. She has a tooth way in the back coming in sideways, so it looks like she'll be visiting a dentist soon! I've also decided to get her baby teeth sealed since preemies are notorious for horrible teeth.

Now I guess for the most serious update. I'm really leaning towards Romy having Cerebral Palsy. I've suspected it for a while now. There hasn't been an official diagnosis, but she shows all the signs and I've done countless research and talked to a few reliable sources. Now, I'm no doctor but I believe she has a form of spastic cerebral palsy affecting her legs mostly, and slightly in her arms (hence her not reaching for stuff), If I had to guess I'd say it's a mild maybe moderate case. Luckily it doesn't seem to affect her social skills or intellect. I will begin to fight for a diagnosis so she can get the therapy she needs ASAP. I don't really have a whole lot of answers, but I will let everyone know how it goes!

Ray and myself (as well as all of the people that love her!)are prepared for the "label" of cerebral palsy. And we're okay with it. She's still the coolest kid ever!

Romy and her Dude.

Romy and Grandma Dude, and yes my mother is wearing an Aerosmith shirt.

Cutest four eyes ever!

General like my Lolo

Romy and her Yaya Schuck, AKA future pony buyer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

justine it is so great to see all the new pics and read the latest! You are so great at this! Hello and loves and hugs/kisses to you, romy, raymond (when you talk/see him) and the whole family. You are doing such a great job! we love you! ~ mark and deva and our boys