
Her nurse gave her a mohawk...a red one!

Tubes, needles and bandages aside....isn't she the most beautiful thing you've ever laid eyes on?
Little Romy is headed down yet another tough road. After her eye surgery her breathing was never quite the same and she was making a really guttural sound from her throat and just seemed pained or agitated by something. They had an ENT look at it and they found a tear in her trachea. The tear is flapped over covering about 50% of her already tiny airway. This was caused by the ventilator. I swear, I have a love hate relationship with those things. So they placed the ventilator back in so it pushed the flap closed in hopes that it will heal that way and no other procedure is necessary. That's the best case scenario, worst case scenario....she'll need a tracheotomy and multiple surgeries to laser off the scar tissue. We'll find out it 5-7 days whether it healed on it's own or not, until then I will stay in prayer. I'm staying positive, but it's hard when your little 3 and half pound baby has to go through so much so soon. I wish I could take her place so she doesn't have to hurt all the time. She just needs some serious prayers right now. I do have faith that everything will turn out fine, I just wish it wasn't so painful. I found this from another preemie Mom's blog and it pretty much sums it up:
ONE PARAGRAPH THAT EXPLAINS LIFE!
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS which he got due to infected blood he received during a heart surgery in 1983. From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?
To this Arthur Ashe replied: "The world over -- 50 million children start playing tennis, 5 million learn to play tennis, 500,000 learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, when I was holding a cup I never asked GOD 'Why me?'. And today in pain I should not be asking GOD 'Why me?' "
"Happiness keeps you Sweet, Trials keep you Strong, Sorrow keeps you Human, Failure keeps you humble and Success keeps you glowing, but only Faith & Attitude Keeps you going..."
How can I not stay positive with people like that in this world?
1 comment:
Im always praying for little Romy everyday! GOD TAKE HER PAIN AWAY! She is gunna be so strong once all this is over!
Post a Comment