Sunday, March 23, 2008

I've got a wireless baby:)


Pretty Baby

Romy's first easter dress.


Hooray for no more tubes inside my baby! They took out her feeding tube this morning.....finally! She still has her moniters hooked up to her just to make sure she's in working order. She's still eating well and only shows minor signs of reflux, but holds her food down pretty well over all. The nurses comment on how well behaved she is. The only time she cries is when I swaddle her. She hates that. She loves to be naked. But I guess the best news of all is.......she's coming home! The docs are confident that they can release her by the end of next week. I don't want to jinx it, but I'm very excited! She has to pass what the NICU calls a "car seat challenge" which pretty much means she has to sit in her carseat for 3 hours without dropping her heart rate or oxygen. Then Ray and I have to learn baby CPR and watch a video about car seat safety. So the docs have officially decided that they're gonna wait a few months before they approach her hernia surgery, they'll just teach us the signs to look for if it gets worse. Well folks, that's all the glorious news for today, I've got to go back to the hospital to feed the little munchkin:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Justine, she is so beautiful and I'm so happy for you! I just saw your blogs and I love love the pics.

Anonymous said...

SHE IS SOOO BEAUTIFUL JUST LIKE HER MAMA!!! =) IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Justine, Ray, and Romy.. I am very happy to hear about Romy doing better. I hope you all get to go home soon.
Joshua R.

Deva said...

THATS OUR GIRL!! WOOOHOOOO!! She is absolutely gorgeous! We can't wait to meet her, hold her, and kiss her. Justine, we can't wait to meet you either! And Raymond, can't wait to see you again. We miss you. Your family is so beautiful ..and we are so proud of you! Love ~ Mark and Deva

Anonymous said...

Hey Justine,it's HaleyBug and I just wanted to tell you that Romy is beautiful and you're doing such a grest job and Tita Tess and I both love you.XOXO
-*Haley*